By Martin Fowler
While conscientiously chosen and used, Domain-Specific Languages (DSLs) may perhaps simplify complicated code, advertise potent communique with buyers, enhance productiveness, and unclog improvement bottlenecks. In Domain-Specific Languages, famous software program improvement specialist Martin Fowler first presents the data software program pros have to make a decision if and whilst to make use of DSLs. Then, the place DSLs turn out compatible, Fowler offers potent recommendations for construction them, and courses software program engineers in selecting the best ways for his or her functions.
This book’s options can be applied with most up-to-date object-oriented languages; the writer offers a number of examples in Java and C#, in addition to chosen examples in Ruby. anyplace attainable, chapters are geared up to be self-standing, and so much reference issues are awarded in a well-known styles structure.
Armed with this wide-ranging publication, builders could have the information they should make vital judgements approximately DSLs—and, the place applicable, achieve the numerous technical and company advantages they provide.
The issues lined include:
• How DSLs evaluate to frameworks and libraries, and whilst these choices are sufficient
• utilizing parsers and parser turbines, and parsing exterior DSLs
• knowing, evaluating, and selecting DSL language constructs
• making a choice on no matter if to take advantage of code new release, and evaluating code iteration strategies
• Previewing new language workbench instruments for developing DSLs