By Myer Kutz
The definitive transportation engineering resource--fully revised and updated
The two-volume Handbook of Transportation Engineering, moment version deals useful, accomplished insurance of the full transportation engineering box. that includes 18 new chapters and contributions from approximately 70 prime specialists, this authoritative paintings discusses every kind of transportation systems--freight, passenger, air, rail, street, marine, and pipeline--and presents problem-solving engineering, making plans, and layout instruments and methods with examples of profitable functions. quantity I specializes in transportation networks and platforms, operations, and economics.
VOLUME I COVERS:
- National transportation networks and inter-modal systems
- Transportation community making plans: theoretical notions
- Reliability of shuttle instances and robustness of shipping networks
- Transportation structures modeling and evaluation
- Software structures and simulation for transportation applications
- Applications of GIS in transportation
- Travel call for forecasting
- Transportation and land use
- Sustainable transportation practice
- Transportation making plans and modeling
- Transportation economics
- Innovative details know-how purposes in public transportation
- Parking management
- Management of transportation organizations
- Trucking operations
- The economics of railroad operations: resurgence of a declining industry
- Airline administration and operations
- The marine transportation system
- Global logistics
- Freight transportation planning
Read or Download Handbook of Transportation Engineering Volume I, 2e: 1 PDF
Similar Urban Land Use Planning books
The 1st selection between land improvement engineers, this version is newly up-to-date and multiplied. it really is required analyzing for younger engineers and a handy reference for skilled engineers. this can be the basic publication for civil engineers in land improvement and offers worthy info for all land improvement pros together with feasibility experiences and value estimating.
Autos are the scourge of civilization, liable for every little thing from suburban sprawl and concrete decay to environmental devastation and rampant weather change—not to say our slavish dependence on international oil from doubtful resources in another country. upload the outstanding rate in human lives that we pay for our automobility—some thirty million humans have been killed in vehicle injuries in the course of the 20th century—plus the numerous variety of hours we waste in gridlock site visitors commuting to paintings, operating errands, deciding upon up our children, and looking out for parking, and one can’t support yet ask: Haven’t we had sufficient already?
First released in 2004. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation.
Offers a sequence of insights into the making plans procedure, introduces the major concerns at present dealing with making plans and provides prescriptions for the adjustments required as we circulation into the following millenium. major specialists define the altering context for land use and environmental coverage in Britain and clarify why the prevailing procedures and occupation of city making plans usually are not able to supply passable coverage responses sooner or later.
Extra info for Handbook of Transportation Engineering Volume I, 2e: 1